Monday, May 28, 2007

LIGHT AND SHADOW

The imagery of one's home in the middle of the night, when one walks from room to room without lights on, becomes a background of skylines within other lines and spheres. I walk from room to room... a light on at my desk, in another room, and there is a cavern of books, toys and an odd eclectic collection of imagery which become a reflection of me, shadowed upon shadows.

After brushing my teeth and preparing for bed, I take the one-use camera to the office and, in the dark, with the cavernous shadow on my desk, I take its picture... twice.

Dripping with the blood of time, she reclines in the strange layer of lights which move around me. Shadow, lying there in half of a half-dark bank, knows only what is shared audibly with her.

Shadow, he says, your caress has haunted me since we lay together earlier in the evening, and I must be off to the auspicious sound of your breathing upon my dreamland!

Light, says shadow to me, the sweet musk of your dawns'coming with the hours of earlier than early, and your breath upon my neck devours my wakefulness and I really must join you in dreamland!

No comments: