Saturday, June 16, 2007

WHEN YOU LISTEN

When you listen to me, you don't really listen... because you are so busy with your own thing... your own busy mind, thinking your own busy thoughts which do not really include me or anything about me unless it is to your benefit in some way.

I can read something out loud to you, wanting you to get into me, for a change... but it doesn't matter. I can tell by your entire demeanor that you don't care. You try to fool me with your pretension that what I have to say is important... but I know, as soon as I stop reading, that you have gone right back to where you were before I interrupted.

It is at a moment like this that I wonder what we are doing here. There is a song... maybe many more than that one.

You are as selfish as you can be. I am too, but I think about it. I consider what is wrong with my life and selfishness. I know I lack in the graces of real communicating. My desire is to take you in my arms and make you listen.

But you are busy at the computer.

No comments: